The “time for regular maintenance” or “time for regular service” light is a non-critical message that serves as a reminder. For those of us who perform our own oil changes, the reminder can be a bit of a nuisance more than anything. My XC90 was not fond of my attempts to reset the message via the trip meter method, so I plugged in the DiCE. Using VIDA was frankly the much easier method in my case.
- Connect DiCE to computer, launch VIDA, ensure connectivity/read vehicle profile
- Navigate to “Diagnostics” tab
- Navigate to “Vehicle Communications” sub-tab
- Click on the DIM or Driver Information Module component in the vehicle diagram
- Click the “Advanced” tab underneath the vehicle diagram
- Click the VCT2000 symbol
- In the following pop-up, click the “Reset” button
- The reset should complete immediately with a green dot and “operation finished” message for confirmation.